The Great Plains and Midwest regions of the United States stand at an economic crossroads, requiring an ongoing, collective effort to sustain and grow the region. Now is the time for the Heartland region to:
- Leverage its combined assets into one regional voice
- Accelerate economic growth, and
- Secure a competitive edge in our global economy
Powered by the collective efforts of business and civic leaders in Des Moines, Kansas City, Omaha and St. Louis, the Heartland Civic Collaborative is an ongoing, joint effort that sustains and grows our four-metro mega-region. We strategically amplify and capitalize on key strengths and address shared challenges.
• Provide a unified presence in national policy debate.
• Advocate for legislative and regulatory actions that positively impact our region.
• Allow collective and strategic pursuits of funding opportunities at the federal level.
• Identify collective economic strengths and options that drive the region to reach its full potential.
The Heartland Civic Collaborative serves as the regional voice of the Des Moines, Kansas City, Omaha and St. Louis metros. As one mega-region, we build momentum through targeted civic initiatives and drive strategic, coordinated actions toward common goals. We focus on four main areas that provide mutually beneficial opportunities to the Heartland. These areas leverage our proven successes and deep roots. They include: Transportation, Federal Advocacy, Life Sciences and Entrepreneurship & Human Capital.Learn More›
The transportation industry thrives in the Heartland. The Heartland Civic Collaborative works to harness this competitive edge by developing a multi-modal, integrated transportation vision for the region.
Our shared federal advocacy agenda highlights the collective voice of the Heartland region. Together we drive greater action than any one state or metro could accomplish alone.
Through the Heartland Civic Collaborative, participating metros leverage existing regional strengths in human, animal and plant health.
The Heartland Civic Collaborative enhances the movement of ideas in entrepreneurship and human capital. Through the development of sustainable strategies, these areas continue to play an increasingly important role in the success of the Heartland.